Cumberland Healthcare is pleased to offer a selection of laboratory tests through Direct Access Lab Testing. Tests are conducted by the Cumberland Healthcare Laboratory and are designed to evaluate your current health status through a simple blood draw at a discounted rate. A physician’s order is not required.
Direct Access Lab Testing is for patients who want to learn about their health status without large out-of-pocket expenses. It allows individuals to request laboratory tests and receive results without a provider’s orders or insurance involvement. Patients are responsible for getting test results to their provider.
Patients will receive educational information along with their test results.
What You Need to Know About Direct Access Testing:
- A provider’s order is not required for these tests
- No appointment is necessary
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Tests must be paid for in advance via cash, check or credit card; insurance will not be billed
- A photo ID is required at the time of service
- Test results will be sent to patients via mail
- You are encouraged to share your results with your healthcare provider
- You are responsible for contacting your provider regarding your test results – Test will not be sent to your provider for you
Direct Access Lab Testing is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm at the Cumberland Healthcare Hospital Laboratory (1110 Seventh Avenue, Cumberland) and at the Cumberland Healthcare Turtle Lake Center (632 US Highway 8, Turtle Lake).
Direct Access Lab Tests available at Cumberland Healthcare
Hemoglobin A1C – $20
Basic Metabolic Profile – $25
Blood Glucose – $10
Blood Type (ABO/Rh) – $20
Complete Blood Count (CBC) – $20
Hemoglobin – $15
Lipid Screen – $20
Lipid Medication Monitor Panel – $25
Microalbumin – $30
Pregnancy Test – $10
PSA – $40
Quick Strep A – $25
TSH – $30
Urinalysis – $20
Vitamin D – $35
For more information about Direct Access Laboratory Testing, call the Cumberland Healthcare Laboratory at (715) 822-7380.