The Anticoagulation Clinic at Cumberland Healthcare provides patient-centered care to patients on anticoagulation medications. Anticoagulants or blood thinners are medications used to treat or prevent blood clots. Registered Nurses trained in anticoagulation therapy monitor and adjust your anticoagulation medications for the period of time you need anticoagulation therapy.
Benefits of AMS:
- Anticoagulation therapy education
- Fingerstick testing available
- Monitoring of blood test results and medication dosing
- Dosage adjustments and follow up appointments in person and in writing
- Studies have shown this type of service leads to better control and fewer complications
Your provider will refer you to the service. You will receive a call to arrange your first appointment.
Your treatment is our priority. If you have any questions about Cumberland Healthcare’s Anticoagulation Management and Services Clinic, please call 715-822-7306.