At Cumberland Healthcare, our physical therapists practice an individualized, “hands-on” approach. Our physical therapists develop a plan of care that promotes mobility, pain reduction, restoration of function and disability prevention for every patient. Our physical therapists and assistants work side-by-side with their patients to ensure that all treatment goals are being met. They provide services in a variety of settings, including hospital, outpatient clinics, local schools, and occupational settings.
Therapeutic exercise and functional training are the foundation of successful physical therapy treatment. Depending on a patient’s needs, our physical therapists may “manipulate” or mobilize a joint (passive movements at the end of the patient’s range of motion) or massage a muscle to promote proper movement and function. A variety of techniques, such as electrotherapy, ultrasound, hot packs, and ice packs, in addition to other treatments, may be performed when appropriate. Depending on the patient’s needs, our physical therapists may develop fitness and wellness-oriented programs to promote healthy, active lifestyles.
Our physical therapists assist patients with many conditions, including:
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Back and neck pain
- Balance, vestibular and dizziness disorders
- Dry Needling
- Pre and post-surgical therapy
- Sports injuries and other sports-related issues
- Women’s health, including incontinence and pelvic pain
- Osteoporosis and fall prevention
- Neurologic conditions such as stroke, traumatic brain injury and Parkinson’s disease
- Workplace injuries
- Ergonomic and Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work conditioning and hardening
- Traumatic injuries
- Pediatric conditions
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact Cumberland Healthcare Rehabilitation Services at any of our following locations:
- Cumberland Healthcare Rehabilitation Services, 1110 Seventh Avenue, Cumberland, WI 54829, 715-822-7300
- Cumberland Healthcare Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, 1150 6th Avenue, Cumberland, WI 54829, 715-822-7300
- Cumberland Healthcare – Turtle Lake Center, 632 US Highway 8, Turtle Lake, WI 54889, 715-986-2022
- Cumberland Healthcare – Laker Center, School District of Turtle Lake, 205 N. Oak Street, Turtle Lake, WI 54889, 715-986-2022
- Cumberland Healthcare – Panther Center, School District of Prairie Farm, 630 River Avenue South, Prairie Farm, WI, 54762, 715-822-7312
- Cumberland Healthcare – Rice Lake Center, 4Ever Fit, 1895 20 ½ , Rice Lake, WI 54868, 715-736-0055.
- The Rehabilitation Services fax number is 715-822-7301.
Cumberland Healthcare’s Rehabilitation Department offers Direct Therapy Access! What does that mean? It means if you have a high deductible insurance plan or even no insurance, we have options for you. Services available are an evaluation/assessment, therapy treatment, and functional dry needling for chronic pain relief. The therapy staff will work with you to develop a program that fits your needs. Call 715-822-7300 if you have questions or to schedule an appointment.
Our physical therapy staff includes:
- Amy Brenna, MS, PT, CLT
- Karen Heaney, DPT
- Katie Jensen, LAT, PTA
- Ashley Knutson, DPT, LAT
- Erin McCreary, PTA
- Michelle Perlick, DPT
- Drew Revak, DPT
- Stacie Ruud, PT
- Rachel Wiita, DPT
- Benjamin Brenna, DPT, SCS